Sunday, July 24, 2016

One Human Race ~ One Planet Earth

Monday, July 18, 2016

Recent events in the news makes it difficult for me to focus on trash.  I still do because we have One Planet Earth and I feel strongly about protecting it, so I will do what I can.


I am ecstatic to say that we found less trash today than EVER BEFORE!!!!  Why?  I'm not sure, but I have a suspicion that it has something to do with the PRO AM SURF CONTEST.  Why?  Because groups usually come together during this event to clean the beach.  Well….this year, they did a fabulous job!  There was no trash under Crystal Pier and I heard the same was true for Johnnie Mercer Pier!  (I have NEVER heard that!)  WOOT!  WOOT!  Thank you whoever YOU are!!!!  It was so nice to be able to enjoy a cleaner sea turtle patrol walk.

Here are the 124 items that we collected (down from over 300 items in the weeks before):

12 cigarette butts
30 food wrappers
10 plastic bottle caps
1 plastic lid
6 straws (2 paper, 4 plastic)

2 plastic cutlery
1 long piece of electrical tape

5 pieces of fireworks
1 foam piece
2 plastic pieces
1 plastic bottle
7 aluminum cans (several beer cans buried in the sand)

1 plastic cup
15 pieces of packaging
12 tobacco packaging (we are a non-smoking beach….)

1 diaper (yuck)
5 toys
1 hair tie
1 makeup sponge
2 wet ones
5 pieces of paper
1 foam ear plug
1 leash rope
1 band aid



Please be kind to the Earth and to each other.
We are ONE HUMAN RACE living on ONE PLANET EARTH.

Today, I took some time to work in my visual art journal and tonight, John and I enjoyed the music of Michael Franti and Spearhead at Greenfield Lake.  A clean beach, a little art and some happy music with friends….It has been a good day for us!



Peace and Clean Oceans,
ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment