Friday, May 23, 2014

Renee cleans up in Zone 0 and enjoys being dive bombed by the birds!


On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Renee Tevelow <reneetev@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ginger,
A beautiful first day on the beach.
No tracks but lots of trash.
I think a lot of the trash was being washed back onto the beach from the ocean.  So, as I like to say,  It's our second chance to get it.    You'll see in the pictures- ropes and lines with a lot of tiny pieces of trash caught up in it.  I've attached quite a few pictures.....not very pretty....ugh  (But I did take some pretty ones of the full moon and the sunrise too.....those are for later )

There were some things I couldn't get.  I took a picture of a balloon that was way beyond the rope in the nesting area....so I couldn't get it and a large piece of burlap that is so deep in the sand I couldn't get it out either.....also a large tire piece that wasn't accessible.  Maybe as the tide washes over some of these I'll be able to pull them out before they get washed back out into the ocean.  

I tried to identify the pieces and count as many as I could for the tally sheet....

I also saw lots of pieces of horseshoe crabs....like Nancy has observed.  Also, one dead jelly fish and gull.

Their is an oyster catcher pair at the north end - by the new mailbox.  Also lots of terns?  The roped off area is smaller than it was last year....but I think the birds remember where it is supposed to be because even tho I was well outside the roped off area as I walked above the tide-line.....they were squawking and a few even did their dive bomber imitation!  










Have a wonderful day.
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment