Sunday, August 25, 2013

Meeting in the middle of zone 4

Ever since I have been working at Camp Lejeune, John and I have split the zone to save us time.  I don't like it as I would rather walk with him, but it is always fun to meet in the middle.

It is interesting to see what John collected when I sort our trash later during the week.

Here is some of what we found on August 12, 2013:

5 cigarette butts
47 food wrapper trash
12 plastic bottle caps
1 metal bottle cap
7 plastic lids
8 straw/stirrers
1 plastic cutlery
5 pieces of fireworks
6 foam pieces
5 plastic bottles
3 aluminum cans
1 large plastic garbage bag that I retrieved out of the surf



4 plastic cups


2 towels
1 pair of little girls shorts
18 toys or toy pieces
2 tubes of chap stick
1 tube of sunscreen
4 shoes
1 pair of goggles
1 tent under the pier which we called in so that it could be tagged, but only after we moved it farther from the tide line.


Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment