Friday, July 18, 2014

Sunglasses and Sea Shells


When I am by the sea, I really wish that time would slow down.

On July 7th, John and I were prepared to find lots of trash.  And, we did find some, but not as much as we expected.  What we did not expect to find were 12 pairs of sunglasses!  Yes! 12!  We are wondering if a shipment container broke or something.   Sadly, none fit me and all the lenses were severely scratched.



John found all the sunglasses and I was happy to find this beautiful shell.



Here are some of the items we collected today:
11 cig butts
69 food wrappers
21 bottle caps
7 plastic lids
25 straws/stirrers
10 aluminum cans
4 grocery bags
2 Ziploc bags
5 plastic cups
1 foam cup
1 diaper
1 sanitary napkin
2 towels
1 boogie board
1 swim goggles
1 dive mask
bits and bobs of other items!


All this trash sorting makes Kahuna go cross-eyed!  He is up for adoption!
I was also happy to toss this shell habitat back to the sea!


Peace,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment