Monday, June 20, 2016

Beautiful Pictorial by Chantal J.


June 2016

Last year, I had the privilege of receiving an email from someone named Chantal who wanted to know how she could help clean the beach.  I get these requests from time to time, but lots of times, I never hear from the individuals again.  That does not mean they are not picking up trash, but since most of our group are also volunteers with the WB Sea Turtle Project, I hear from them more often as we sit at nests and attend meetings and events.  The "free lance" KIC volunteers are rarely seen or heard from, although I know they are doing their part to help keep our planet clean.

Last week as we walked onto the beach via the access at Crystal Pier, I spotted a lady walking ahead of us.  I watched as she opened a bag and began to pick up trash.  I went up to her to ask if she was a WBSTP volunteer and she said no, but she walks in the mornings and picks up trash as she goes.  When she told me her name was Chantal, I knew it had to be the same Chantal I knew from email.  It was so great to meet her in person.

After our greetings, Chantal walked toward zone 5 and we of course continued onward in zone 4.  At the end of our walk, we had the pleasure of running into Chantal again.  We had finished at the same time and had entered and left the beach together.  I love connecting with others who protect the ocean.

Below are pictures that Chantal emailed to me from her 2016 morning walks.  Thank you Chantal for capturing the beauty of Wrightsville Beach sunrises and the activities of our nesting birds.  These pictures are stunning.  ~ginger






















No comments:

Post a Comment