Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 5: Kim finds a campsite in zone 1!


Name : Kim Meyer
Zone : 1
Date Walked : Sunday, 6/3/2012
# Grocery Bags : 2

Again it was a very high tide so some may have been swept away in the tide.  About 75% of what I picked up, I was able to recycle.  It was mostly plastic composed of bottles and children's toys.  Also a lot of paper items: wipe cloths, paper towels, and feminine hygiene items.  There was an abundance of wrappers from the straws that come with kid's juices.  Also one shoe. 

I did report to WB Dispatch that there were 3 tents together on the beach complete with coolers, chairs, trash, sleeping bags, and bodies just north of Holiday Inn close to the A-frame.  The dispatcher said they would send the police out to check on it.  I went for a run and when I got back I checked the beach and apparently the cops had paid them a visit.  They had taken down the tents and were coming off the beach with all their gear in hand.  I should have made another quick check for trash but I didn't think about it at the time.  

Thanks,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment