Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Poem From Jenny--"The Peace of Wild Things"

Jenny Johnson is one of my favorites (I have many favorites and she is definitely one).

Here is an email with a poem that she sent to me a couple of weeks ago.  I have read this poem many times and it has brought peace to my mind when I have needed it.  Hope it does the same for you.


Hi Ginger,  This came today from my Interfaith Rev. friend.  I thought of the Turtles and how we worry and despair for them and other wonderful creatures!  Then I thought of you!!  Hope all is well.  XOXO Jenny


"When despair for the world grows in me ...
  I come into the peace of wild things
  who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief.
  I come into the presence of still water.
  And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light.
  For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

                         -- Wendell Berry
                              from his poem "The Peace of Wild Things"

No comments:

Post a Comment