Sunday, August 7, 2011

week 14--John & Ginger in zone 4 and a new nephew!!!

Our day started at 4:30 AM with a phone call announcing we had a new nephew, Taylor McRae or "TMac" as I like to call him!


So, I was sure we would have another turtle nest, but we didn't.  However we collected 4 bags of trash which is less than normal for us.  You will have to forgive me for not taking many pics of the trash, as I was in a hurry to get this trash sorted so I could go meet my new little man.




Our trash included:
38 butts
2 different shoes
1 plastic bag (beside our car where we parked)

2 ziplock bags
38 straws
24 bottle caps
4 styrofoam cups
4 plastic lids
2 sunglasses
3 chapsticks
12 toys
3 plastic bottles
1 balloon piece


Over the course of the last few days, I have been down to the beach several times and during that time, I have collected 2 plastic bags,  1 plastic bottle, several more straws and several more plastic caps.  I did not keep count of the straws and caps as I just threw them in the trash cans.

No comments:

Post a Comment