Monday, July 30, 2012

Michelle finds shark remains and bottled fish in zone 0


Good Morning,

It is July 25th and in Zone 0 I found a shark that had been left be the tide.  Just a few feet away from him I noticed a plastic 33 oz Deer Park water bottle full of sand (I thought).  When I picked up the bottle to pour out the sand, out came several fish.  I couldn't believe when some of them started moving.  Fortunately, I had several plastic solo cups, so I picked up all of the fish (5 dead and 4 still alive) and rushed them to the ocean.  It reminded me of the extremely moving presentation that Capt. Charles Moore gave to us at Topsail last year.  

Maybe because of the storm last night but there was more litter in Zone 0 than usual.  I picked up 1 1/2 bags of trash including, 4 plastic cups, 1 straw, lots of pieces of paper, 2 diapers, 3 cigarette packs, several plastic baggies, and 6 beach towels.

No turtle tracks, but a few lucky fish are back at sea.  Keep cool and enjoy the day.  Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment