Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 3 (Sun. 5/15) Morgan and Kathleen Britton Zone 0

In the email below, Kathleen is referring to the idea of using 5 gallon buckets to collect trash vs. plastic bags.  She also suggests bucket containers that you buy kitty litter in---another great idea for re-use.  I will be using a reusable bag or a bucket---not sure which yet.   For the sake of comparing our data to 2009 and 2010, I will convert all info in terms of grocery store sized plastic bags.


Hi Ginger!

I think the blog site looks great.  I love the fish and the overall look is clean and neat (KIC, man!!)

I love the idea of the 5 gallon bucket.  Something else that might work are the hard plastic kitty litter containers.

In zone 0 this morning Morgan and I picked up 2.5 grocery store bags of trash.  These contained mostly beer bottles (I would say about 16 or so), several beer cans, 2 water bottles, 4 dorito type snack bags, 1 mylar ballon with string (I always think it's such a score to pick up a balloon), several straws and noticibly FEW cigarette butts (I'd say we only picked up 5 or so).

Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment