Saturday, July 9, 2011

week 10 Joy finds 100 fireworks casings & dog tracks & tents

Ginger

Well on the positive side, it was not as bad as I was expecting.  No turtle tracks either.  I picked up 2/3 of a 13 gallon trash bag full of plastic wrapping from fireworks, remnents of fireworks, (3 bags)


plastic bottles, beer cans, plastic bottle tops, pair of shoes, etc.  Weighed about 8 pounds.  There were two cabanas up near lifeguard # 13 which had previously been reported.  I reported again.




  Three sets of dog tracks.    Lots of areas where people felt the sand was their on personal ashtray.  


Along the high tide mark I found about one hundred of the 3 inch plastic fireworks casings.  I am sure there was more.  I picked up as much as I could find.  About 100.  It was hard plastic and where it had exploided it was very sharp.  It will be very unpleasant for the unsuspecting foot.

Our nest at the south end though was undisturbed, thank goodness.

Have a good day, Ginger. 

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment