Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nancy Fahey finds an IPOD!!!

Hi Ginger,

I subbed in Zone 0 on Saturday, 07/09, for Karen Blake and crew.  I picked up about 1/2 a grocery store size bag of trash.  

I am sorry for reporting the following so late, but here goes:

Trash collected in Zone 5 on 06/04:  1 grocery store sized bag of trash consisting mostly of cans, bottles, and food wrappers

Zone 5 on 06/11:  1 1/2 grocery store size bag of trash consisting mostly of cans, bottles, and food wrappers, once again.  The treasure for the day was an ipod!

Zone 5 on 06/18:  About 1/2 grocery store size bag of trash.

July 4th:  I checked both nests throughout the weekend on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  On Monday evening, I walked the length of both Zone 1 and Zone 5.  I collected about 2 bags of trash in Zone 5 and reported two abandoned beach canopies in front of lifeguard stand #13.  There was a lot more trash out there, but I was anxious to check on the nest in Zone 1, so did not try to collect it all.  

In Zone 1, I collected about 1 1/2 bags of trash, plus a styrofoam cooler lid and plastic bag that blew up into the dune right next to our beautiful nest.  :(    I also reported an abandoned beach canopy frame, (AKA; skeleton), left behind in Zone 1.  In this zone, particularly, there were zillions of huge holes left behind on the beach, many right at the tide line.  

And that about wraps it up, for now!

Have a great week,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment